M2 Animation is a part of M2 Group which is a Danish owned company. M2Animation is an English-speaking international CG studio operated with North American standards & Scandinavian sensibilities.
Our modern studio has a high standard with ambitious employees and an informal atmosphere. From storytelling to design, modeling to texturing, camera layout to animation & lighting, effects to color grading, our 200+ M2 family is a melting pot of experienced talents from more than 20 nationalities all over the world.
We are now looking for a new colleague to create TV Series, TVCs and High-Spec Short Format Films for our big-name clients. The Position: We are looking for a hands-on, technically-oriented Pipeline Supervisor with strong management skills to help us continue to develop our flexible, modern, CG pipeline that can handle a variety of script-to-screen formats of CG animation: including 22 minute episodes, 2 to 5 minute short films, and commercials.
In addition to managing and developing the technical structure of the animation pipeline, The Pipeline Supervisor will lead a small team of talented developers by efficient time/task management, speaking “developer” language, and creating scripts, coding and tools as examples. To be successful in this role you need to be a true team player and passionate about helping to create the best environment for the production. You will collaborate with variety of stakeholders (Partners, Head of Studio, Producers, Supervisors, IT support, and Artists) and you will have to be a good listener, sparring partner and be able to analyze input, prioritize needs and execute in partnership.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Work within our current alembic pipeline to help support current projects, while considering how to further develop and build from it.
- Collaborate with Partners, Producers, IT Department and Head of Studio to understand the schedule and resource constraints of the studio and accommodate them into future pipeline design.
- Collaborate with our CG Supervisors to understand the artistic and practical requirements of the studio and accommodate them into future pipeline design.
- Collaborate with Department Supervisors to understand their artistic requirements and help to simplify & streamline their processes.
- Lead a team of TDs, and Developers responsible for deploying, configuring and supporting the existing pipeline.
- Take charge of documentation & training of our processes and procedures, and help standardize our artistically technical workflows
- Communicate with your colleagues in a slow and clear manner, and be conscious of any language barriers
- Help to bring an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork to our creative, technical and management leaders.
- Skills & Technical Knowledge Requirements:Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics and/or Physics or similar experience is an advantage.
Skills & Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Degree in Computing Science, Mathematics and/or Physics or similar experience is an advantage
- At least 7 years of experience in the field of CG Animation.
- Preferable some experience working either in Asia, or with Asian companies.
- Up to date on latest technologies/practices/trends, including GPU display, GPU Render, Alembic Cache, Vray Proxy, Cloud-based systems and USD pipeline systems.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-platform operating systems, ranging from Windows to Linux.
- Production experience with Maya, Redshift, Vray (and other render softwares), Nuke, Shotgun, Toonboom Harmony, C++, Python/API, mel Scripting, Database systems, and any relevant APIs.
- Track record of supervising/managing technical development within a CGI context (Series, Shorts, Commercials).
- Highly motivated, strategic thinker and technical problem solver with a strong sense of initiative, willing to take responsibility for delivering on agreed goals.
- An effective supervisor and manager, able to motivate and support teams of programmers, TD's and artists.
- Ability to technically breakdown, estimate and deliver work required to meet high level strategic goals.
- Effective task management, including tracking progress, staying within agreed timescales and budgets and reporting back to senior studio heads.
- Able to work under strict deadlines, and a steady hand under pressure.
- Clear, calm & respectful communication style for peers, seniors and subordinates alike.
At M2 Group we care for people. Diversity & Inclusion are embedded in our values and we believe in creating a work environment where all co-workers feel welcomed, respected, supported and appreciated, no matter who they are or where they come from. We believe in teamwork and that we can only succeed together. Terms of employment, salary and benefits will be individually negotiated. In case of relocation we will provide support. The position is open from February 2020, but we are happy to wait for the right candidate.
Can you see yourself in our M2 Family? Then we would love to hear from you.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person Head of Studio, Marty Knox : email@example.com
Check us out http://m2animation.com